'Just Do It' Small Grants Fund 2017/18
The 'Just Do It' small grants pot forms part of the Dartmoor Communities Fund. The Fund offers grant support to communities across much of Dartmoor (West Devon, South Hams and Teignbridge excluding Ashburton & Buckfastleigh).
The 'Just Do It' Fund provides small cash grants of no more than £500 and is aimed at helping Dartmoor communities carry out environmental projects to enhance their own community. You might want to use it to help pay for materials to improve an area of public open space, to undertake repairs to a local historic landmark or create a new community wildlife area.
The grant cannot exceed 50% of the total project costs but it can be matched with 'in kind' contributions such as volunteer labour or community contributions. Projects need to show how they are enhancing the community, general maintenance works will not be eligible. You will hear if you have been successful within a month of making your application.
If you can answer yes to the following questions, your project may well be eligible:
- Are you a community group or Parish/Town Council looking to do environmental or recreational improvement works in your community?
- Is your project on Dartmoor and on publically accessible land?
- Is your project within West Devon, South Hams or Teignbridge (excluding Ashburton & Buckfastleigh)?
- Does the grant required not exceed £500 and is for capital works/expenditure e.g. materials?
- Do you have a minimum of 50% match funding including 'in-kind' in place?
- Do you have the support of your town or parish council and Ward Councillor?
If you have answered yes then now is the time to get applying to the Dartmoor Communities ' Just Do It' Fund 2017/18 by completing the Expression of Interest form and returning to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the 'Just Do It' small grants pot will not will not exceed 10% of each Borough or District's total fund allocation and will be awarded on a first come, first served basis. No award will not exceed £500 and can be up to 50% of total project costs. Match funding can be 'in-kind' such as volunteer expertise or labour provided by the community, businesses, or other organisations.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your project or application, please contact Jo Rumble, Dartmoor Communities Officer on 01626 832093 or email: email@example.com
Sign up to our newsletter to be notified about the ‘Dartmoor Communities Fund’ and to receive other news from Dartmoor National Park.