Local Plan Review
The local plan sets out policies to guide future development in the National Park and is the starting point when we make a decision on planning applications. A lot has changed since we adopted our current local plan and we are now going through the process of reviewing it. The local plan will cover issues such as; house extensions, design, the environment, listed buildings, housing, business, farming, tourism, quarrying, and land for development.
The first consultation of the Local Plan Review offered residents, communities, visitors, businesses and other organisations an opportunity to tell us their views on how the new local plan should guide future development on Dartmoor. The consultation paper, which you can view or download, set out the likely issues the new local plan will need to deal with.
We held eight drop-in events where members of the public had the chance to discuss planning issues in Dartmoor National Park with Officers and there was a lot of useful discussion which will help inform the new local plan policies. The drop-in events were held at:
- Yelverton War Memorial Hall, PL20 6AL - 1st November 4pm - 7.30pm
- Mary Tavy Coronation Hall, PL19 9QA - 2nd November 4pm – 8pm
- South Brent Old School Centre, TQ10 9BP - 7th November 4pm – 7pm
- Endecott House, Chagford, TQ13 8AJ - 10th November 4.30pm - 8pm
- Princetown Church, PL20 6QT - 14th November 4pm - 8pm
- Moretonhampstead Community Club, TQ13 8NQ - 16th Nov 4pm - 8pm
- Buckfastleigh Town Hall, TQ11 0DD - 22nd November 4pm – 8pm
- Ashburton Town Hall, TQ13 7QQ - 23rd November 4pm – 8pm
The consultation closed on 13th January 2017. We received over 250 responses to the consultation which we are in the process of reviewing.
Local Plan Issues Consultation - closed 13 January 2017
Land Availability Assessment (LAA) Call for Sites - closed 16 December 2016