Business Support Officer (x2)
Salary: £20,092 – £22,183 (pro rata for part-time)
Hours: 37 hrs/wk (full-time) & 18.5 hrs/wk (part-time)
Contract length: Permanent (full-time) & 12 month fixed-term (part-time)
Dartmoor National Park Authority is the body that oversees the vibrant, living, working landscape and community that is Dartmoor.
We help to conserve and enhance the biodiversity, cultural heritage and landscape of Dartmoor and provide opportunities for people to enjoy the countryside as well as supporting our local communities and the rural economy.
We are now looking for two Business Support Officers to join us on a permanent full-time or fixed-term part-time basis.
- Flexitime working arrangements
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Based at our stunning HQ on the National Trust’s Parke estate near Bovey Tracey
These are fantastic opportunities for administrators with great customer focus to take their next step and join our organisation, providing exceptional support to our teams and stakeholders.
We work hard to conserve and enhance Dartmoor National Park’s natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage so it can continue to inspire and be enjoyed by generations to come. You’ll be playing a vital role in our work, helping to keep our teams and operations running smoothly and efficiently whilst developing your skills and experience and building a rewarding career.
So, if you are eager to join an organisation that supports local communities, the rural economy and our beautiful Dartmoor landscape, we want to hear from you!
As a Business Support Officer, you will help deliver an efficient and effective business support service, providing administrative support to colleagues across the Authority.
Joining a small, busy team, you will assist with preparing agendas, minute taking, processing incoming and outgoing mail and covering reception, ensuring visitors receive a warm and helpful service. You will assist with website support, as well as maintaining and updating the corporate contacts database.
In the full-time role, you will provide bespoke support to the Monitoring Officer and the Authority's appointed Members, assist with annual meetings, Member training and induction, booking travel and accommodation and preparing statutory notices. Additionally, you will also provide administrative support to the corporate, planning and enforcement, and access and recreation service areas.
The part-time role includes providing support to our volunteers as well as assisting in the collection, collating, recording, and reporting of performance management data.
To join us as a Business Support Officer, you will need:
- Experience of working within an office and/or administrative environment
- Experience preparing agendas, reports and minute taking
- Reception experience and/or providing of excellent customer service
- Experience in document management systems, databases, spreadsheets and information management
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Teams)
- Numeracy and literacy to GCSE level (A-C/ Level 4 and above)
- An ECDL and/or CLAIT qualification or equivalent qualification/experience
We are offering a permanent full-time position (37 hours/week) and a fixed-term (12 months) part-time position (18.5 hours/week). Our preference is for a full-time appointment to the permanent role, however we would consider part-time applications for both positions.
Dartmoor National Park Authority, Parke, Bovey Tracey, Devon, TQ13 9JQ.
Monday 27 September 2021 at 12:00 pm
5th or 7th October 2021
How to apply:
To apply for this position please complete and return the application form using the links below. Once completed, please email your application to: email@example.com.
Alternatively, please post to: Human Resources at Dartmoor National Park Authority, Parke, Bovey Tracey, Devon, TQ13 9JQ.
- Business Support Officer (full-time) Job Description
- Business Support Officer (part-time) Job Description
- Business Support Officer (full & part time) Person Specification