Grade: DNPA Grade 4 / 5
Salary: £23,080 - £32,234 (career grade)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Dartmoor National Park Authority is the body that oversees the vibrant, living, working landscape and community that is Dartmoor.
We help to conserve and enhance the biodiversity, cultural heritage and landscape of Dartmoor and provide opportunities for people to enjoy the countryside as well as supporting our local communities and the rural economy.
We are now looking for an ICT Officer to join us on a permanent, full-time basis.
As an ICT Officer, you will be responsible for providing technical helpdesk service and support to staff members across the organisation.
Providing 2nd line technical support for desktop hardware and software systems, you will focus particularly on the Microsoft Office 365 suite of applications and Windows operating systems.
You will be responsible for the operational management of the Authority’s virtual server and desktop systems as well as the management of server operating systems including Microsoft Windows Server and Linux.
In this role, you will also:
- Carry out maintenance and/or repairs on new and existing equipment
- Participate in the maintenance, installation and enhancement of the Authority’s ICT systems
- Create and manage user accounts within Azure Active Directory and email accounts using Microsoft Exchange
- Take responsibility for the operational management of the Authority’s communication systems
- Provide mentoring and on-the-job training to the ICT Support Assistant
To join us as an ICT Officer, you will need:
- Direct experience of the MS Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook)
- Practical experience of the Microsoft Windows Operating system for both workstations and servers in a networked environment
- Practical experience of installing, maintaining and upgrading PCs
- Direct experience of Active Directory and Group Policy for managing network users and Microsoft Exchange for managing email accounts
- Practical experience in the use of virtualised servers and desktops, ideally using VMware vSphere to manage virtual servers and VMware Horizon View for virtual desktops
- A good understanding of computer network design, including LAN/WAN, TCP-IP protocols (IPv4, subnets, routing, etc.) and network hardware (routers, switches, etc.)
- A flexible approach to work and working hours
- The willingness and ability to travel as required within Dartmoor National Park and the surrounding area
- Numeracy and literacy to GCSE level or equivalent
Experience of creating and maintaining Microsoft Access databases including query and report writing would be beneficial to your application as would practical experience in maintaining and configuring IP based telephony systems, (including IP handsets, VoIP, SIP trunks, etc.)
- Salary of £23,080 - £32,234 (career grade, starting salary subject to qualifications and/or experience)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced IT professional eager to advance their career to join our organisation and provide exceptional ICT support to staff members across our organisation, ensuring our systems remain up and running and we can operate smoothly day-to-day.
By joining us, you will be positively contributing to our efforts of conserving and enhancing Dartmoor National Park’s natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage, through a key, behind the scenes role.
So, if you want to become a valued member of our team and have the skills and experience we’re looking for, we want to hear from you!
Dartmoor National Park Authority, Parke, Bovey Tracey, Devon, TQ13 9JQ.
Friday 24 September 2021 at 12:00 pm
Tuesday 19 October 2021
How to apply:
To apply for this position please complete and return the application form using the links below. Once completed, please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, please post to: Human Resources at Dartmoor National Park Authority, Parke, Bovey Tracey, Devon, TQ13 9JQ.