Planning Officer (Development Management)
Salary: £26,999 - £31,371
Hours: 22.2 hours per week
Dartmoor National Park Authority is the body that oversees the vibrant, living, working landscape and community that is Dartmoor.
With the iconic Dartmoor Ponies, breath-taking Tors and beautiful villages, we work to conserve and enhance Dartmoor, supporting the associated businesses and communities in partnership with local and national stakeholders.
We protect and maintain the natural habitats and areas of ecological significance across Dartmoor, maintain the public access to this beautiful space, provide the ranger service and act as the planning authority.
We are now looking for a Planning Officer to join us on a part time basis and support the National Park’s development management activities.
- Salary of £26,999 - £31,371 pro rata
- Flexitime working arrangements
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Work from a beautiful National Trust location
If you are a development management professional with town and country planning knowledge, this is an amazing opportunity to help conserve and enhance one of the South West’s most beautiful areas.
Our team operate out of Parke, a National Trust property on the edge of Dartmoor. This unique location not only provides easy access to Dartmoor, but also means you’ll be working from an inspirational and historic location that offers an incredible backdrop for your work.
So, if you want to make a difference and help to protect the biodiversity, cultural heritage and landscape of Dartmoor, we would love to hear from you.
As the Planning Officer, you’ll provide advice and guidance on planning-related matters to applicants, agents, the public, authority members and parish/town councils.
Dealing with a range of development management casework, you will:
- Review planning applications and carry out site inspections
- Provide a prompt and polite service to all calls
- Discuss and negotiate planning requirements with applicants
- Investigate any complaints of alleged unauthorised developments
- Monitor developments within the National Park
To join us as a Planning Officer, you will need:
- Local government or public service experience, including working within development management
- Experience of investigating potential breaches of planning and advertisement consent
- Knowledge and experience of legislation in relation to gathering evidence for Court proceedings and experience of giving evidence in similar situations
- Knowledge of current planning laws and procedures
- Strong IT skills
- A degree level qualification in town and country planning or similar
- The willingness to study towards a professional town planning qualification ant RTPI membership (if not already qualified)
- The willingness and ability to travel across the National Park and surrounding area
We’d like to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Development Management Officer, Planning Policy Officer, Policy Officer, National Park Planning Officer, Rural Planning Officer, Planner, Policy & Planning Officer or Planning Monitoring Officer.
This is a part time role working 22.2 hours per week over three days.
Dartmoor National Park Authority is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Dartmoor National Park Authority, Parke, Bovey Tracey, Devon, TQ13 9JQ.
Monday 28 October 2019 at 11:59 am
14 November 2019
How to apply:
To apply for this position please complete and return the application form using the links below. Once completed, please email your application to: email@example.com.
Alternatively, please post to: Human Resources at Dartmoor National Park Authority, Parke, Bovey Tracey, Devon, TQ13 9JQ.