Grade: DNPA Grade 4 - 5 (pay award pending)
Salary: £25,409 - £34,723 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week
Dartmoor National Park Authority is the body that oversees the vibrant, living, working landscape and community that is Dartmoor National Park.
Our vision is to work with others to make Dartmoor alive with nature, a great place to live and work, celebrated for its natural beauty and cultural heritage, carbon negative and provides a warm welcome to all.
We are a small organisation but our staff, members and volunteers are committed to making a difference – leaving Dartmoor in a better condition than we inherited it.
We are now looking for an ICT Officer to join us on a permanent, full-time basis.
- Salary of £25,409 - £34,723 per annum (pay award pending)
- Generous annual leave and flexitime policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to electric vehicle pool car fleet
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Beautiful office location on National Trust estate, with free parking and café on site
- Discounts at National Park Visitor Centres and Car Parks
This is a great opportunity for an individual who knows their way around Microsoft OS, Azure and virtualised Servers and Desktops, and has a great grasp of computer network design, to join our fantastic team!
Our networked systems enable us to provide crucial services across Dartmoor, so your work will directly contribute to protecting this beautiful and unique habitat.
What’s more, you’ll be based at our stunning headquarters at Parke House, encompassing breathtaking gardens and grounds right on the doorstep of Dartmoor itself meaning you’ll have a wonderful place to undertake engaging work.
So, if you’re ready to take your next step and advance your IT career, we’d love to hear from you.
As an ICT Officer, you will be responsible for providing technical helpdesk service and support to staff members across the organisation.
Providing 2nd line technical support for desktop hardware and software systems, you will focus particularly on the Microsoft Office 365 suite of applications and Windows operating systems.
You will be responsible for the operational management of the Authority’s virtual server and desktop systems as well as the installation and management of server operating systems including Microsoft Windows Server and Linux.
In this role, you will also:
- Carry out maintenance and/or repairs on new and existing equipment
- Participate in the maintenance, installation and enhancement of ICT systems
- Create and manage user accounts and email accounts
- Take responsibility for the operational management of our communication systems
- Provide mentoring and on-the-job training to the ICT Support Assistant
To be considered as an ICT Officer, you will need:
- Practical experience of the Microsoft Windows Operating system for both workstations and servers in a networked environment
- Practical experience in the use of virtualised Servers and Desktops, ideally using VMware vSphere to manage virtual servers, and VMware Horizon for virtual desktops
- Practical experience in maintaining and configuring 3CX IP based telephone system, (including IP handsets, VoIP, SIP trunks, etc)
- Experience of Azure Active Directory, Intune and Group Policy for managing network users and Microsoft Exchange online for managing email accounts
- Experience of the MS Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook)
- Experience of managing a 365 SharePoint/Teams instance for file and information storage
- A good understanding of computer network design, including LAN/WAN/WLAN, TCP-IP protocols (IPv4, subnets, routing, etc) and network hardware (routers, switches, etc)
The starting salary for this role will be dependent on skills and experience.
Dartmoor National Park Authority, Parke, Bovey Tracey, Devon, TQ13 9JQ.
Sunday 24 September 2023 at 00:00 am
5th October 2023
How to apply:
To apply for this position please click HERE.