We want to make sure that the Moor Otters Arts Trail is kind to the environment and encourages everyone to consider their own carbon footprint.
What are we doing?
Here are some of the steps we are taking to become more sustainable:
- There are four Moor Otters Trails on Dartmoor and one in Plymouth - The Mayflower Trail; reducing travel distances for Otter Spotters
- Artist and Business information packs are downloadable from our website, with only a few printed for those without access
- Trail maps will be available from Visitor Centres and other outlets as well as being available to download onto mobile devices
- All competition forms will be available online
- All print materials will use recycled paper, from printers with excellent green credentials
- When needed, Moor Otters are transported by Mail Boxes Etc Plymouth so that the Otters can ‘hitch a ride’ when the lorries are going their way
- All retail items will be sourced responsibly.
What you can do
When Otter Spotting, try ditching the car and taking a different method of transport:
There is a 'Most Sustainable Otter Spotter' prize for anyone who can show they have completed a trail or trails in a sustainable way!