Our Year of Green Action
Dartmoor was one of the first National Parks to be established in the UK (in 1951) and we have been connecting people with its special qualities and looking after it ever since.
The Year of Green Action gives us the opportunity to further inspire new generations, to celebrate the work we are already doing to enhance and to provide greater opportunities to get more people involved in looking after the environment.
For the Year of Green Action, we will be...
- Inspiring the next generation of conservationists through the Ranger Ralph Club and Junior Rangers.
- Attending shows and events at rural and urban locations with our Outreach Vehicle.
- Dart Valley In Focus - a programme of outreach activities and a campaign centred around caring for the Dart Valley.
- John Muir Award opportunities for Dartmoor National Park staff
- Family fun at Meldon Wildlife Festival 2019
- Discover National Parks Fortnight 6 – 21 April 2019, celebrating 70 years of our National Parks.
- A Greener Authority - making greener choices around the office such as reducing our energy consumption.
- Love Moor Life - encouraging visitor understanding in order to help protect life on the moor.
- Ongoing riverfly surveys along the Teign as part of the Chagford Riverflies Parishscapes project.
- Installing electric vehicle charging points at Haytor and Postbridge car parks.
- Citizen Science projects in partnership with Plantlife
- Regular volunteer conservation days with the Dartmoor Rangers