Important notice relating to pre-application planning advice
Due to unforeseen circumstances relating to staff absences, we are currently unable to offer our planning advice service until further notice. We will be concentrating our efforts on dealing with planning applications. We hope to resume the service as soon as possible. If you require general advice please search the pages of this website, or further information is also available at the Planning Portal. We apologise for any inconvenience.
(Updated 23 July 2018)
The planning system can be complicated. Getting the right advice early can save you time, money and significantly improve your chances of gaining planning consent.
The planning advice we offer
The Authority encourages early dialogue on development proposals, but before you ask for planning advice please:
> read our FAQs for answers to common planning questions
If you choose to use our planning advice service, we will:
- Research the site's planning history and, if required, complete a site visit
- Appraise the proposal against local and national planning policies and local planning guidance
- Be available to discuss the proposal
- Consider the need for specialist information or consultation with particular bodies (e.g. Historic England, Highways, Environmental Health etc.)
- Provide a written response with advice on whether we think planning permission is required, the proposal has a good chance of gaining planning permission, amendments are necessary or further specialist information is required
- Provide guidance on what will be required to accompany your application in line with the Planning Validation Guide
How to request planning advice from us
If you would like planning advice from us, you will need to:
> complete a planning advice form
> include additional information (description of development, drawings and photographs) to help us understand your proposal
The more information you provide the better our advice will be.
Once submitted, we will acknowledge your request within a few days of receipt and aim to answer your enquiry within 28 days. Complex schemes will require a longer response time due to site visits and specialist involvement, you will be advised how long this will be.