How we make decisions
As a local authority we work through a governance framework which brings together an underlying set of legislative requirements, governance principles and management processes.
The governance framework:
- is made up of our systems and processes, cultures and values
- makes sure that we are accountable to our users, stakeholders and the wider community
- is the framework within which all our decisions are made.
Local Code of Corporate Governance, approved April 2017
Standing Orders regulate authority and committee proceedings, meetings and business.
Scheme of Delegation
This is the framework for decision-making and accountability for meetings of the full Authority; it contains details of the powers and responsibilities delegated to committees and officers.
- Scheme of Delegation, approved March 2015
Financial regulations provide a framework for managing our financial affairs and apply to every member and officer, and anyone acting on the authority’s behalf.
Our procurement decisions must be legal, ethical, and in accordance with our policies and procedures. We must also consider the impact on the economic, social and environmental wellbeing of the communities within the Park.
- Procurement procedures
- Sustainable procurement policy
- Devon and Cornwall Procurement Partnership (DCPP)
We want to protect the public funds we administer from fraud, and ensure that any irregularities are identified and addressed quickly. We have two policies which deal with our corruption and whistleblowing procedures.