Our planning policies are the starting point for considering all planning applications in the National Park. When making a decision on a planning application, we must consider:
- Government planning policy and guidance
- The Local Plan
- Supplementary planning documents (SPDs)
- Community and Neighbourhood Development Plans
- Site specific plans and masterplans
- Other ‘material considerations’
Background evidence and research support policies of the local plan.
Our Frequently Asked Questions answers some common questions you may have about planning policy, how it is used and the role of the Forward Planning team.
The new Local Plan
The Dartmoor Local Plan was adopted on the 3 December 2021. It is now the development plan for Dartmoor National Park, it is used for deciding planning applications in the National Park and replaces the previous local plan documents.Go to the Local Plan page