The Dartmoor Local Plan 2018 – 2036 contains the policies we use to determine planning applications in Dartmoor National Park.
Dartmoor Local Plan 2018 - 2036 >
When making a decision on a planning application, we must also consider:
- Dartmoor Supplementary Planning Guidance
- Government planning policy and guidance
- Community and Neighbourhood Development Plans
- Site specific plans and masterplans
- Other ‘material considerations’
Our Local Plan and Guidance is supported by evidence and research.
Our Frequently Asked Questions answer common queries about planning policy, how it is used and the Forward Planning team's role.
Draft Housing SPD
We recently consulted on a draft Housing SPD to support the delivery of housing in the National Park. Find out more here:
New Climate Change Evidence
A consumption-based carbon footprint of the National Park provides new evidence of the carbon emissions embodied in resident and visitor activities on Dartmoor.