Business planning and performance
The Business Plan provides an overview of our planned work for the year. It:
- clarifies our mission; what we do and how we do it
- establishes the values which underpin the way we do business
- guides our work by setting priorities and identifying key delivery actions to achieve them
- outlines how we will measure performance and monitor progress
- informs the allocation of resources
- is the key driver for all service plans and individual staff plans.
The Business Plan is published in April each year.
The Annual Review reports on progress over the last year, highlighting our key achievements and demonstrating key aspects of our work. It is published in June each year.
Strategic Risk Register
The Strategic Risk Register records any internal and external risks and any actions to lessen their potential impact. The Risk Register is reviewed throughout the year, on a quarterly basis, and is reported to the Audit and Governance Committee.
Annual Performance Indicator Report
We monitor our work through a series of performance indicators which we report in the Annual Review, and also throughout the year on a quarterly basis to officers and Members through the Audit and Governance Committee.