Our planning policies are the starting point for considering all planning applications in the National Park. When making a decision on a planning application, we must consider:
- Government planning policy and guidance
- The local plan (COR and DMD policies)
- Supplementary planning documents (SPDs)
- Community and neighbourhood plans
- Site specific plans and masterplans
- Other ‘material considerations’
Background evidence and research support policies of the local plan.
Our Frequently Asked Questions answers some common questions you may have about planning policy, how it is used and the role of the forward planning team.
Local Plan Review
The Local Plan must be kept up to date, and we are now going through the process of reviewing it. The final draft Local Plan and background evidence can be viewed on the Local Plan Review page.Go to review page