Reporting an Incident

Reporting an incident

Emergency officer Rob Steemson 07711 856206

Fly Tipping

If you come across any fly tipping within the park boundary it is the legal responsibility of the local district council and Landowners. To report a fly tip please contact the relevant council below with as much information as possible.

West Devon Borough Council:-
01822 813600

South Hams District Council:-
01803 861234

Teignbridge District Council:-
01626 361101

Livestock incidents

All livestock including ponies are owned by local farmers and commoners. If you come across injured livestock please phone the Livestock protection officer directly with as much information as possible;

Livestock Protection officer:          

07873 587561

(please leave a message and the officer will respond)

Uncontrolled dogs

Report uncontrolled dogs or sheep attacks directly to the police on 101 or the Livestock Protection officer

Please report all wildlife crime to the police on 101


The road network within the National Park is the responsibility of Devon County Council.  The County Council’s highways teams look after the public road network and are responsible for:

  • Road maintenance, potholes and broken manhole covers
  • Flooding and blocked drains
  • Street lights, lit signs and bollards
  • Overgrown vegetation or fallen trees in the road
  • Road markings and signs
  • Bridges
  • Ice or snow on road and grit bins

Cattle grids on the public road network and the side gates associated with them are also the responsibility of Devon County Council.  

To report road defects to the County Council