From granite tors to ancient woodland to picturesque villages, Dartmoor offers spectacular walking routes for all.
Welcome to Dartmoor walks
Get to know Dartmoor’s towns and villages and learn about the landscape and rich history of the surrounding areas with this series of introductory walking routes.
Each route has a downloadable map and detailed walking directions. There are also plenty of opportunities to stop off and sample the local food and drink before, after or during your walk.
- Princetown easy access route (1 hour, 3km)
- Ilsington route (2 hours, 5km)
- Hexworthy route (2.5 hours, 5km)
- Dartmeet route (3 hours, 5.5km)
- Buckfastleigh route (3.5 hours, 5.8km)
- Four Villages route (4 hours, 10km)
Miles Without Stiles
Miles Without Stiles are stile-free routes, meaning that they are suitable for those with limited mobility. These routes are suitable for a wide range of users including those in all-terrain powered mobility scooters and families with younger children.
All routes are graded as suitable for some, for many or for all and have been checked by the Recreation and Access Team, working with Dartmoor Wheelchair Access Group.
- Shipley Bridge to Avon Dam (for all, 4km)
- Princetown to Nun's Cross (for most, 8km
- Bellever Forest (for most, 4km)
- Haytor Quarry (for some, 2km)