From granite tors to ancient woodland to picturesque villages, Dartmoor offers spectacular walking routes for all.
Know before you go
Please check the latest Covid-19 guidelines before visiting the National Park.
Welcome to Dartmoor walks
Get to know Dartmoor’s towns and villages and learn about the landscape and rich history of the surrounding areas with this series of introductory walking routes.
Each route has a downloadable map and detailed walking directions. There are also plenty of opportunities to stop off and sample the local food and drink before, after or during your walk.
- Princetown easy access route (1 hour, 3km)
- Ilsington route (2 hours, 5km)
- Hexworthy route (2.5 hours, 5km)
- Dartmeet route (3 hours, 5.5km)
- Buckfastleigh route (3.5 hours, 5.8km)
- Four Villages route (4 hours, 10km)