Terms and Conditions and requirements for entry
Enjoy Dartmoor Cover Photo Competition 24/25
For the purpose of this document Dartmoor National Park Authority will be referred to as DNPA.
These terms and conditions govern the Dartmoor National Park Authority (DNPA) Enjoy Dartmoor Magazine 2024/2025 photography competition 2023.
The competition organisers are DNPA. By accepting the Terms and Conditions of the competition and subsequently submitting your images, you have entered into an agreement with DNPA.
The organisers reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions without notice.
You agree that if you are the winner, you will take part and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity with Enjoy Dartmoor magazine 2024/2025 and use of your name and photograph in such publicity including DNPA media channels and within the Enjoy Dartmoor magazine 2024/2025 publication.
By entering the competition, you agree to the provisions of these terms and conditions and to comply fully with them.
The competition is open to everyone outside the employ of DNPA.
This is a free competition to enter.
If you are under the age of 18 you must have permission to enter from your parent or guardian. By submitting an entry for the competition your parent/carer/guardian is deemed to have given consent and to agree to the use of the entry as described in these Terms and Conditions.
The closing date for submissions is Sunday 12 November at 23:59:59, all entries received after this time will not be entered into the competition.
By submitting images to DNPA Enjoy Dartmoor Magazine 2024/2025 photographic competition each entrants confirms and warrants that:
- They are the sole author and that it is their original work.
- They own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image.
- They have the permission of people pictured in the image (or where the image shows any persons under the age of 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by DNPA against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
- They have not licenced or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by DNPA.
- DNPA have permission to use the imagery provided across their marketing channels in association with Enjoy Dartmoor Magazine 2024/2025 as long as full credit is given to the image owner.
- If you are the winning photographer, you will take part and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to use your name and photograph in such publicity, for example, the publication and promotion of Enjoy Dartmoor Magazine 2024/2025.
What to enter
- Photographs must be a minimum of 2mb.
- Photographs must be in portrait.
- Each photograph may only be entered a maximum of one time.
- All images must be taken on Dartmoor with details of the location submitted in the entry paragraph.
- DNPA reserves the right to remove or refuse any entries from the competition for any reason.
Announcement of Winners
The winning photograph and photographer will be displayed on our social media channels. The winner will be contacted via email beforehand.
The winner will be informed and announced week commencing 27th November 2023.
By entering the competition winners confirm their agreement to take part in any associated publicity.
By entering you provide DNPA a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit on any media, the images for any purpose to further its aims and objectives. This includes but is not limited to use:
- At presentations, events, including exhibiting the images in DNPA visitor centres.
- On the DNPA’s website, social media channels and email communications.
- In the Enjoy Dartmoor Magazine 2024/2025 printed and digital publications. \
- In the press for the purpose of publicising Enjoy Dartmoor magazine 2024/2025.
- In conjunction with members in the promotion of Enjoy Dartmoor Magazine 2024/2025.
- As part of the digital advertising creatives when promoting Enjoy Dartmoor Magazine 2024/2025.
- The organiser will make every reasonable effort to ensure that name credits are given to any photograph published in any medium.
The personal information provided will only be used for the purpose of the competition.
We will keep your details on our database to enable us to use your image (see usuage rights). We value your support and do not pass on any information about you to any group or individual outside of DNPA.
If you have selected to sign up to any of our newsletters you are consenting to DNPA storing your personal data and understand that personal data will be store securely, used only for the purpose as selected and that information will not be shared with third parties for their use.
Your data will be kept securely in line with GDPR regulations and our privacy notice.
Dartmoor National Park Authority is registered under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, DNPA excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost, or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and however so caused, in connection with the Enjoy Dartmoor magazine 2024/2025 photo competition.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude DNPA’s liability for death or personal injury arising from DNPA’s own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
You agree to indemnify DNPA and keep DNPA indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense, suffered by DNPA as a result of your entry into the Enjoy Dartmoor Magazine 2024/2025 photo competition, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
The information given in these Terms and Conditions is correct, but DNPA reserves the right to change any of it without prior notice.
By entering into the Enjoy Dartmoor Magazine 2024/2025 photo competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any breach by an entrant will void their entry.
You agree that if you are the winner, you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity, for example, the publication of photograph(s) with your name in Enjoy Dartmoor Magazine 2024/2025.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Prize Terms and Conditions
There will be one overall winner who will be announced by DNPA in November 2023.
This winner will have their image featured on the Enjoy Dartmoor Magazine 2024/2025 cover, along with a small feature in the Enjoy Dartmoor 2024/2025 magazine.
DNPA will contact the winner directly by email to organise content and copy. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
DNPA reserves the right to cancel or amend the Enjoy Dartmoor Magazine 2024/2025 photo competition without prior notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God, or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable Law or regulation or any other event outside of DNPA’s control. Any changes to the Enjoy Dartmoor Magazine 2024/2025 photo competition prize will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by DNPA.
The Enjoy Dartmoor Magazine 2024/2025 photo competition will be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. You and the promotor irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or matter or to settle any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions and that accordingly and proceedings may be brought in such courts.