Virtual visitor centre
Welcome to Dartmoor
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
Our centres are now open daily, 10am - 4pm
Due to government advice, we have the following measures in place at the Dartmoor National Park Visitor Centres:
- All non-exempt visitors to wear face coverings
- Social distancing – keep ‘a pony’ apart
- All visitors to sanitise hands on arrival
- One-way systems in place
- Limited numbers
- Some exhibition areas and gallery spaces closed
We look forward to welcoming you in person but if you would prefer to email any enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try and answer your query as soon as possible.
Visitor Centres are a great place to start your visit. Our friendly and knowledgeable advisers will help you get the most out of your visit. The Visitor Centres are stocked with maps, books and leaflets, as well as attractive local gifts from The Dartmoor Range.
- National Park Visitor Centre - Haytor
- National Park Visitor Centre - Princetown
- National Park Visitor Centre - Postbridge
There are car parks and toilet facilities at each Visitor Centre.
On your visit to Dartmoor, you may see one of our Rangers - they are the eyes and ears of the National Park.
Local Information Centres
Further information can also be found at the following:
Ashburton behind the Town Hall North Street
Bovey Tracey Station Road
Buckfastleigh The Valiant Soldier
Ivybridge Watermark Centre
Moretonhampstead The Square
Okehampton Museum of Dartmoor Life
Tavistock Court Gate Bedford Square