National Park Visitor Centre, Princetown
Princetown is our flagship Visitor Centre, once home to Conan Doyle as he wrote the Hound of the Baskervilles; it now hosts a variety of exhibitions and displays. Including:
- Discovering Dartmoor’s wild stories, an interactive journey exploring Dartmoor’s wildlife
- The conservation garden; a microcosm of Dartmoor’s flora and home to several antiquities
- A rolling exhibition programme in the Small Gallery Area (please note our Ballroom is undergoing essential conservation work until July 2022)
As well as other exhibitions, displays and a children’s discovery zone, it is also a great activity hub to start a walk or cycle ride from. Princetown provides an excellent gateway to both the south and north moors for hill walkers and our Centre staff will be pleased to help you plan a suitable route.
We also stock an extensive range of useful items for the outdoor enthusiast such as maps, publications about Dartmoor and guide books, in addition to fantastic souvenirs from our Dartmoor Range.
Princetown has several pubs and restaurants, good car parking facilities and public toilets with access for the disabled.
The weather can be very changeable on the high moors and walkers should be adequately equipped for anything more than a short stroll.
Find out more about The history of the Duchy Hotel
Tavistock Road, Princetown, Yelverton, Devon, PL20 6QF
Tel: 01822 890414 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3rd January to 31st March 2023
Princetown – open Wednesday to Sunday 10am - 3pm
Postbridge – open Saturday to Wednesday 10am - 3pm
Haytor – open Thursday to Sunday 10am - 3pm
- Postbridge will be CLOSED on Monday 23rd to Friday 27th January 2023 for essential maintenance.
- All centres are open daily during school holidays.
- Staff may need to close the Centre briefly for lunch - re-opening times will be made clear on the door sign.
- All centres are CLOSED on Monday 27th February to Friday 3rd March 2023 for staff training.